Two night minimum stay on weekends; and, extra days may apply for holidays
No smoking permitted in any part of the house
No pets allowed in any part of the house
Check-in: Friday, 5pm (if other arrangements are not made)
Check-out: Sunday, noon (unless other arrangements are made)
For 1-week stays, check-in/out times/dates are by pre-arrangement.
- No "Spring Break" or other special occasion parties; adult 25+ yrs old must be present at all times.
- Garage is off-limits unless elevator is needed, and then only for access to the elevator.
- Parking must be done only on the concrete driveway. Most "empty" lots have septic pipes than can be broken by the weight of a car, so there is no parking available on the grass (and that includes my house).
- House is on a septic system, so only body wastes and small amounts of t.p. can be put down toilets. No food, coffee grounds, etc. down sinks. No hair dye or bleach to be used in showers, sinks or toilets.
- The house has many family antiques that have sentimental value. Do not remove any vinyl tablecloths or glass table tops from the wood furniture; they are there to protect the furniture. Wipe up any spills immediately.
No jumping off balcony (2nd floor) or roof into the bayou.
Free wireless broadband Internet is available, but not guaranteed.
- No telephone.
- A TV and DVD player are provided for your use. TV stations are local, over-the-air digital channels only, via antenna.
- The water from the tap is perfectly safe to drink, but has a high mineral content and associated taste; consequently, by the kitchen sink there is a small reverse-osmosis system for drinking water only, and it outputs pure water. It has a very limited output, so its use should be conserved.
- Payment is via PayPal (you do not have to have a PayPal account to use PayPal; it will take common credit cards), or by check.
- Deposit is to be a written check that will not be cashed; after verification that all is okay (< 30 days), the check will be returned or destroyed, your choice.
- One night deposit required for reservations. Security deposit due on check-in or before.
- 10-day notice of cancellation for refund.
- $20 charge per additional guest over 6.
- Guests are to leave the house in the same condition in which it was on the first day.
- We are not responsible for any injuries, accidents or illnesses incurred as a result of staying at the house.
Home | Interior Photos | Exterior Photos | Rates | Availability | Contact Us
All Photos and Content Copyright © 2006-2010 Robert Laird